Join our Wine and Culture Tour on Mykonos. When you head to Greece’s beautiful island of Mykonos for your next vacation, you should plan to treat your taste buds to the exceptional flavors that the island is famous for. This can best be done by enjoying a meal at the many fine restaurants or by taking a specialized wine tour.
This is just a private tour that is available, to taste some of the most exciting wines of Mykonos as a result of the traditional Aegean-sea varieties of Assyrtiko, Athiri, Monemvasia, Malagouzia, Agiannitis, and Mandilaria, and you can count on discovering many new favorite wines during your stay in Mykonos.
Highlights of Wine and Culture Tour on Mykonos
- A wine and culture 6 H private tour of Mykonos island
- A good sample of a selection of Greek wines during the wine tasting
- Strongly recommended tour for first-time visitors on Mykonos
- Our private tour ensures a personalized experience
- Local English-speaking expert
- Experience the cosmopolitan vibe of one of the most famous islands of Greece
Wine and Culture Tour on Mykonos Details
Mykonos is renowned for its beautiful beaches, its architecture, international celebrities, dining, its nightlife, and famous parties! A few visitors take the time to discover the island’s cultural heritage. This private tour visits the Agricultural Museum and the Nautical Museum, then cap it all off with a tasting of the island’s finest Greek wines. This Wine and Culture Tour on Mykonos prides itself on choosing the most unique and exceptional spots for you to enjoy during your tour, and you may choose from these morning or afternoon options.
Autumn is here and harvest is coming. In Mykonos, we have a special field created for the best wines thanks to the winemakers and the farmers, to achieve the best wine in the Aegean, as the weather is one of the principal advantages of this field.
After we will pick you up from your accommodation, we will begin your Wine and Culture private tour visiting the town of Mykonos and setting off on a walking tour of the old town. You will have the chance to explore the narrow alleyways along the waterfront as your local expert tells you stories of the pirates that once roamed the island’s streets. Our first stop is the Agricultural Museum, where the highlight is the historic Bonis windmill followed by the Nautical Museum with its remarkably preserved lighthouse and impressive collection of model ships.
After delving into island life, finish off your tour with an expert-led wine tasting and learn more about Greek wine as you sample some of the island’s finest varieties, accompanied by tasty mezes.
From the Wine and Culture Tour on Mykonos, we want to suggest a wine tour to make a wine tourist route: Drive to the north of the island, where you can see most of the vineyards of the island. Start your visit to a winery and remember to take your time admiring an amazing landscape. You can also visit later to the rest of the sellers, where you can find some of the best wines, olive oil, and Mykonian herb. They also use ecological agriculture, modernity, and tradition.
With the microclimate of the region, strong north winds, and lack of water, and due to the rich ingredients of the soil (remaining free of chemicals) pesticides, and intensive cultivation, healthy grapes are produced of a superior taste and quality. The traditional Aegean-sea grape varieties are totally compatible with the existing climatic conditions.
Your tour ends back at the same spot we have picked up!
- Meeting Location: at your accommodation
- Operates; daily
- Available; From May 19, 2021, till October 10, 2021
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any villa, hotel, or apartment in Mykonos and cruise port at the cruise ship pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Meeting time; At 09:30 AM, recommended
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Mykonos
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All-new models come with full leather and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Local Expert
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding in archeological sites. Available on request with a surcharge
- Flexible pick-up time on request (proposed 09:30 AM)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic, or environmental phenomena!
- Mykonos Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required for a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about yourself?
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all the necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Mykonos Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain. Alternatively, you could visit a beach like Platis Gialos or Ornos with a good selection of hotels & restaurants alongside or close to the beaches which are flat!
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchairs or scooters for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Within 24 hrs of travel, 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- For all vehicles; No show means, no refund